Sania Mirza to stop tennis this year

sania mirza

"I'm taking it step by step, not certain assuming I can last the season, yet I need to," she says.

Indian previous duplicates world number one Sania Mirza said on Wednesday she will resign from tennis toward the finish of this season with wounds incurring significant damage.

It came after the 35-year-old, viewed as her country's most prominent ladies' tennis player, retired from the Australian Open in the first round with her accomplice Nadiia Kichenok of Ukraine.

"I have concluded this will be my last season. I'm taking it step by step, not certain on the off chance that I can last the season, yet I need to," she told press in Melbourne, in remarks later affirmed to AFP by her dad.

Mirza, who has won six Grand Slam duplicates titles, is combined with America's Rajeev Ram in the blended pairs at the Australian Open. 

Mirza, who is hitched to previous Pakistan cricket skipper Shoaib Malik, last won a ladies' duplicates title at the Ostrava Open in September, with China's Zhang Shuai.

Yet, Mirza concedes that wounds and a youthful family is closing a drape on her profession.

"My knee was truly harming today and I'm not saying that is the explanation we lost, however I in all actuality do believe that it is requiring some investment to recuperate as I'm getting more seasoned."

Mirza turned into the main Indian to win a WTA singles title, in 2005, in her old neighborhood Hyderabad. She arrived at the fourth round of the US Open that very year and by 2007 was among the ladies' main 30.

However, a wrist injury made her focus on duplicates, fashioning an association with Swiss extraordinary Martina Hingis which delivered three Grand Slam titles.

Post a Comment